Better Hearing Australia is a leading provider of professional education and training in the field of hearing loss and assistive technology. Our programs can be customised for workplaces, health professionals, community care workers and the general public.
We’re experts in hearing health. All resources and materials have been developed by our Hearing Advisors with high level knowledge and experience in these areas.
Screening Audiometry Course
BHA offer a three day, screening audiometry course which enables health professionals to conduct accurate, reliable hearing tests that meet the requirements of the state occupational health regulations. The content meets the requirements of AS/NZS1269 and includes:
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear
- Basic physics of sound and sound measurement
- Control measures, including hearing protection
- Ear examination
- Education and training of workers
- Noise management programmes
- Theory and practical audiometry
- Understanding test results
Although the main focus of this course aims to meet the requirements of those working in Occupational Health, it is also useful to any health professional wishing to learn how to do basic hearing tests. Please contact us to find out more about our next course:
5 High Street, Prahran, VIC 3181
Registration on day 1 is from 8.30am
The cost is $950.00 which covers all tuition, notes, lunches and refreshments during the course.
Aged Care Training
Do your staff know how to support someone with a hearing loss? Demonstrate that your staff know how to support someone with a hearing condition. This is a required under the National Aged Care quality standards. We can teach staff how to support daily hearing loss management, This is a very hands on practical course.
- Understand hearing loss and the impact on daily life.
- How to manage, and insert hearing aids correctly
Coursework includes the following; Understanding how hearing aids work, and how to support daily hearing care needs, including:
- Changing batteries
- Storage and care
- Trouble shooting
- Assistive Technology to support hearing loss.
Groups of up to 20 people – $395, including certificate of completion.
As an employer, you can contract us to deliver education sessions on hearing health topics and tailor education and training to the needs of specific workplaces.
As the incidence of hearing loss increases, so does the need to increase knowledge across a range of health care such as: hospitals, nursing homes and allied health settings. Many health professionals work with people with hearing loss and need to increase their knowledge and take opportunities to improve communication to improve clinical outcomes.
Hearing health education for the community
We deliver a range of hearing topics to community groups across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
At Better Hearing Australia, we support specialist curriculum for VET and other tertiary institutions on hearing management topics:
- hearing protection
- hearing loss management
- effects of hearing loss on communication, quality of life, safety and security
- hearing loss in workplaces and healthcare
- hearing conservation in Occupational Health and Safety
- making workplace adjustments to reduce and manage hearing loss
- strategies for effective communication
- hearing aid use and care
- use of assistive technology
- tinnitus management