At Better Hearing Australia, we pride ourselves on our independent approach to help you manage your hearing loss. For some people, hearing aids are part of the solution.
While we don’t sell hearing aids, you may need your existing hearing aids reprogrammed.
Why hearing aid reprogramming
Common reasons for using our hearing aid reprogramming service include:
- you may not have used hearing aids for some time and would like to try again
- you may have relocated and are not able to visit your regular audiologist
- you purchased hearing aids online or from overseas and need them to reprogrammed
Please note: although we’re able to reprogram a large range of hearing aids, some aids cannot be reprogrammed outside of the manufacturers specification.
Our Hearing Advisors are skilled practitioners and are able to reprogram hearing aids from a range of providers for a nominal fee of $395.00.
For this fee we will reprogram the aids to meet your needs and undertake followup assessment to ensure your hearing is optimised.
As Hearing management is complex, so we offer this service with the following conditions.
We’ll assess your suitability for this service, based on:
- if you do not have recent hearing assessment, we will undertake an independent hearing assessment to determine your communication needs, this is an independent assessment and will incur an additional cost.
- if the hearing aids you have are appropriate, working well and we have the computer programs to reprogram your aids
- if we assess your aids to be inappropriate for your needs, we won’t offer you the service if the aids are not suitable or we are unable to reprogram the aids